Welcome to VOLT’s merchant privacy notice. VOLT respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which VOLT carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the "Your Legal Rights"’ section.
1. Important information and who we are
purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how VOLT collects and processes your personal data when you use this website, when you contact us or subscribe for our marketing, or you (or your employer) signs up to our services, including any data you or your employer may provide through our websites, digital services or within merchant application forms.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other policies we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
VOLT Technologies Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “VOLT”, "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: VOLT Technologies Limited
Postal address: 12 Melcombe Place, London, England, NW1 6JJ
VOLT Technologies Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the ICO, the UK’s independent authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk), or to any EU supervisory authority where you live, work or believe a breach to have taken place. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns directly so please contact us in the first instance.
changes TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect your data in different ways. In particular:
Direct interactions by you or your employer
When you, or your employer, applies for Volt’s products or services you may provide us with information about you by completing and submitting your application form, or providing your authentication details for our digital products. You or our employer may also provide us with information when you contact us, subscribe for marketing purposes or give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website or digital product, we automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing/usage and patterns. This includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our section on cookies below for further details.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including:
- where you are an employee of a Volt partner or merchant, we may receive information from your employer relating to your role, responsibilities and access permissions for the Volt products and services we provide;
- technical data such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website from analytics providers and advertising networks;
- identity data including first name, last name, title, date of birth; and contact information including your current residential address, previous addresses, email address and telephone numbers from brokers, aggregators and publicly available sources (such as Companies House and the Electoral Register); and
- where you are an owner or director of a partner or merchant we may collect commercial data including percentage ownership of company (including beneficial ownership), political exposure and any information that is relevant to sanctions as part of our anti-money-laundering and know your customer checks.
3. How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances: